Concave deltahedra with less than 12 faces
Allan Turton
2006-06-05 23:18:57 UTC
I'm trying to keep a lesson on deltahedra within the bounds of the realistic. I know there is a finite number of convex deltahedra and an infinite number of concave deltahedra, but I'm having trouble trying to find out how many deltahedra there are with less than 12 faces (apart from trial and error). Does anyone know, or know of a reference with pictures?

Also, as a quick guess, I'm thinking that within this limited group of deltahedra there would only be ones with an even number of faces (for the same reason that there are only even-number faces for the convex deltahedra). Thoughts?
Prof. Lu
2010-11-26 03:37:33 UTC
I have developed a method to create n-deltahedra recursively. The number of n-deltahedra for n<=12 are 1,1,2,5,13 for 4,6,8,10,12 faces, respectively. We will publish the paper soon. Attached is a list of n-deltahedra for n<=12. Thanks,
Prof. Lu, Dept. of CSIE,
Asia University, Taiwan

Attachment available from http://mathforum.org/kb/servlet/JiveServlet/download/128-1393596-7313715-657590/Deltahedra.pdf